HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 2

From:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Pitman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 11:39:44 +1000
These are DDS-3 units. We have an external on our N series, been fine for 2+
years now, with a back up every day plus sundries. I find it hard to believe
two refurb unit will only last such short times before dying, without there
being some other underlying problem. The system is on a UPS which should
produce pretty clean power, and if it was power, I would expect other
symptoms before a tape drive gave up, or as well as this problem, but
nothing is reported.
jp