HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 2

From:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 May 2004 14:47:16 -0400
Hello Mike,

>> Have they ever fixed SYSSTART so you can add the NSCONTROL and
>> NETCONTROL commands direct to the file, instead of needing to stream
>> a job?  We are on 7.0

Actually the fix is not to SYSSTART, but to NSCONTROL and NETCONTROL
and *no* these commands are not supported for startup by SYSSTART
because some of those famous network process's NETCP, NMLOGMON and
others have not run long enough to complete the initialization of their
data structures which are required for NETCONTROL to successfully send a
start request to NETCP and successfully log startup entries via
NMLOGMON.

Of course NSCONTROL requires a working network started by NETCONTROL.

There are not current plans to change this behavior and the correct
solution is to startup your networks in a job from SYSSTART or in a UDC
at the console when the system reaches a ":" colon prompt.

Regards,
  James Hofmeister
  Email: <first>.<last>@hp.com
  Hewlett Packard - Global Solutions Engineering (WTEC)
  P.S. My Ideals are my own, not necessarily my employers.