HP3000-L Archives

May 2004, Week 2

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 00:17:17 -0400
On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:23:36 +0100, Tony Summers
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Anyone seen this before ? When I create a listing of one of my forms files
>the Ftype and Dtype for some fields is not being reported correctly. (By
>diverting the listing to disc I've proved I've got binary zeros in these
>fields).
>
>(See field "V" below - when I look at this field directly in formspec then
>it is defined as "O", "CHAR").
>
> Field: DEALSLIP
>    Num: 25   Len: 8     Name: DEALSLIP         Enh: HI    FType: P  DType:
>DIG
>    Init Value:
>
> *** PROCESSING SPECIFICATIONS ***
> JUSTIFY RIGHT
>
> Field: V
>    Num: 81   Len: 1     Name: V                Enh: HI    FType:  DType:
>    Init Value:
>

> Field: Y
>    Num: 26   Len: 1     Name: Y                Enh: HI    FType: O  DType:
>CHAR
>    Init Value:
>
> *** PROCESSING SPECIFICATIONS ***
> UPSHIFT
>
> Field: Sdate
>    Num: 27   Len: 8     Name: SDATE            Enh: HI    FType: P  DType:
>CHAR
>    Init Value:
>
> *** PROCESSING SPECIFICATIONS ***
>

>The contents of this email are confidential to the intended recipient
>and may not be disclosed. Although it is believed that this email and
>any attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient
to confirm this.

>Smith & Williamson Corporate Finance Limited - A member of M&A
>International Inc. http://www.mergers.net Registered in England No.
>4533970. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority
>Smith & Williamson Investment Management Limited, Registered No. 976145.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>Smith & Williamson Pension Consultancy Limited - Independent
>Intermediary. Registered No. 3133226. Authorised and regulated by the
>Financial Services Authority.
>Smith & Williamson Unit Trust Managers Limited, Registered No. 1934644.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
>Smith & Williamson Limited - A member of Nexia International.
>Registered in England No. 4534022. Regulated by the Institute of
>Chartered Accountants in England & Wales for a range of investment
>business activities.
>
>Registered Office: No 1 Riding House Street, London W1A 3AS
>Telephone: 020 7637 5377 http://www.smith.williamson.co.uk
>
>Nexia Audit Limited - A member of Nexia International. Registered in
>England No. 4469576. Registered to carry on audit work and regulated by
the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales for a range of
investment business activities.

>Registered Office: No 1 Riding House Street, London W1A 3AS
>Telephone: 020 7637 5377 http://www.nexiaaudit.co.uk
>
>NCL Investments Limited, Registered No. 1913794.
> [...]

I've had Formspec do some weird things to me at times.

Here's how I've resolved this issue in the past:

1) Copy the original formsfile into another form in case you *accidentally*
trash anything you don't want to trash!

2) Go into Formspec and open the formfile.

3) Copy the trouble making original form into a new form.

4) Delete the original form.

5) Copy the new form into the original form.

6) Delete the new form.

7) RENUMBER the original form (You may not be able to do this due to the
possibility of your apps having hard coded field numbers when
highlighting/reporting errors on the field). Renumbering may mean having to
modify your source code in case some of the field numbers change with the
renumber.

8) RECOMPILE the original form into the fast formsfile.

This may clear up the snafus in the form.

Brian Donaldson.