UTCSTAFF Archives

May 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Charles Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:01:36 -0400
Unfortunately Paige,
        The Refrigerator is probably ruined.  When you lay a refridge down
to move it, the oil runs up into the pump.  When you stand it up again you
have to let it sit for a day or so to let the oil run back down.  If you
instead just plug it in and the pump starts trying to compress the
uncompressible oil it usually overloads and breaks itself.  A new refridge
is worth fixing, an old one is not.

Sorry
CTH