SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2004 07:38:56 -0400
On Thu, 6 May 2004 17:54:14 +1000, David Strike
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Monday, May 03, 2004 9:05 PM, Bjorn wrote:
>
>> Thought the NEDfest participants would like to see this.
>
>Mate!  I've been slack as a yak in following up and thanking Lucy and
>Avandy, so I'm glad that you did it! :-)

I did it too, on May 3, after seeing Bjorn's post.  This was my email
to them (cc to Bjorn):

RF> I would like to add my own thanks, and point you to a post I made
RF> newsgroup rec.scuba.locations:
RF>
RF>
RF> http://makeashorterlink.com/?I11925238
RF>
RF>
RF> I think I may have the attributions to Bjorn and Strike switched.
RF> "Reef Fish" is my posting name, since 1992.  You would be most
RF> welcome to put the link above in your web page also.

The BDIP folks deserved every bit of the praise by ME, in the same
manner most folks/operations/services deserve every bit of the
FLAMES by me also.  :)   People tend to forget my phrase "give
credit where credit is due" INCLUDES "deserved flames" as part
of it.

Mate!  I'm 6 years older than you, and I ain't half as senile as
YOU are! :-)   Must've been the beer!   <BWG>

  < various excuses snipped :-))) >
> I haven't even had time to scratch me bum! :-)

Me almost too.  :-)  Since returning, I booked THREE cruises (a 10-day
Alaskan cruise in June;  finished booking the 24-day cruise in August;
and a 10-day BRIDGE cruise in October <G>).  There will be some diving
on TWO of these -- guess which two.  :-))  The Feeesh's former life in
tournament bridge is reservicing as in ElPezNeuvo.  Since returning,
I have also added a trip to attend a Sectional tournament in ATL in
early July and a trip to a National Tournament in NY in mid-July.  The
only "diving" in these trips would be blowing a hand in bid, play, or
defence to cause the score to take a "deep dive"!  :-)  Which reminds
me that I still haven't finished MY part of the tax return (to turn
over to my accountant) which I have done my usual procrastination
till August 15.  My account seemed to encourage my procrastination
LAST year by telling me (when I waited till about August 14 to file
<G>) that there could be ANOTHER extension for the "real procrasti-
nators".

Speaking of scratching me bum ... I purchased a riding mover, to take
away one of Sue's gardening chores of lawn-mowing -- she had always
been the one in the family to do it.  :-)  That machine not only makes
lawn mowing like driving the car around the block, but it also does
a good job scratching me bum, not to mention a good fringe benefit
of a bit of "sun tanning" at the same time!  :-))

>But talking about OZTeK - the W/end of March 12-13th 2005 - provides an
>ideal opportunity to organise a liveaboard trip closer to (my) home! :-))
>
>Anyone up for a liveaboard trip out to the Far Northern Reefs of the Great
>Barrier Reef

In the frigid waters of Aussie near-winter?  :-)  I'd rather have
a NEDfest at Strike's Reef!  :-))

> before I cross over to the dark side of old age?

I resemble that remark!

>(Which, in my case, will mean increasing incompetence and a desire
>to spend more time allowing people to buy me beer while I talk about
>those 'good old days' that never were!) :-)))
>
>Strike

In my case, it'll mean (NOT having beer to rot me mind <BG>) increasing
memory of tall tales or my former lives, in whatever 'good ole days'
the computer between the ears still hold, to bore the crap out of even
the beer drinkers!!  :-)))

-- Bob.

P.S.  A tale to follow about a cancellation (will we were in Bali)
and resurrection (since I returned) of my CAIV (Cayman Aggressor)
Annual pilgrimmage, to start this weekend.