SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2004

From:
Krazy Kiwi Viv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 08:06:31 -0400
On Thu, 20 May 2004 22:33:51 EDT, Ray Jones <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>In a message dated 5/20/2004 6:43:52 PM [log in to unmask] writes:
>
>>  I am still licking some of my wounds .. left hand is the worst,
 still bandaged up,

>Hey Viv,
>
>Sorry to hear about your grab and run. How did you get hurt so bad?
 I hope that you are OK and heal quickly.

>Where did this happen? Sounds like you were here in the States.

Thanks to all who were concerned.  The short version of the incident was
handbag snatched off my shoulder from behind which caused shoulder straps
to twist around my left arm.  As I was caught by surprise while loading
groceries in to the back of the car I did not have time to thump the guy.
The crim turned to jump into the getaway car that had pulled up a metre
behind me so I was half pulled off balance then half dragged alongside the
car falling on to the bitumen road when my hand finally came loose.
Fortunately I was wearing a thick pair of jeans & heavy sweatshirt so cuts
to knees and elbows was superficial.  My left hand bore the brunt of being
yanked along the road and then being skinned from the wrist to the knuckle
region when I finally hit the road surface. I stared the guy hard in the
fqce so I will recognise him in a line-up.  Police emailed me that they
found the getaway car & caught 2 of the 5 occupants (unfortunately not my
assailant).  Personal items of mine discovered in the car were being sent
off to forensics for fingerprinting, etc.  As for the sore hand all is
well now after a good dose of sea water to heal things up.  Only problem
is the silly way the french have set up the lettering on their computer
keyboards ... the 'home keys' which touch typists use are not where they
should be so I feel like I am typing like a little old lady right now ;-)
Viv