SCUBA-SE Archives

May 2004

From:
Michael Doelle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2004 14:31:18 -0400
Poe said:

>That's not uncommon; there is no reason to pay high rents for a perceived
customer base that would be unwilling to pay high prices charged at
airports.

No, that's what no-frills airlines do to avoid fees. I was just stating the
fact. But I was surprised that no hawkers had set up
shop there. Maybe they are not allowed there.

>That could be the one; I think it was across the road from the water, but
unonstructed view of the water and port. To us, it wasn't overpriced, but
then being used to prices in Syd, Pg, KL and Sing, it'll be hard to be
overpriced.<

I liked it also, but I was with a well known local (Clement), and he
ordered all the food. And he paid for it , too, so I don't even remember
the prices.

>No, this was just a local concern; I think someone "rents" out the carpark
in the evenings, as one chap was walking around collecting money from the
stallholders. Stingray done well is very nice; was the one you had done in
banana leaf and tumeric?<

No banana leaves. Just off the grill. Tasted a bit mushy, not like shark at
all. I'll try it again at a place that someone recommends to me. Or if they
throw in a banana leaf.

Michael