HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 4

From:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Hirsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:30:44 -0400
I forwarded the United Airlines link to BoingBoing:
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/04/28/united_airlines_hono.html

But we've been outdone by the British! (They specialize it titles.)
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/04/28/brit_airways_honorif.html

Brit Airways' honorifics kick United's ass
Thomas sez, "Thought United Airlines covered every possible title? Not a
chance. British Airways covers absolutely everything including -- I kid you
not -- 'His Holiness' and 'Her Majesty'. Because I'm sure the Pope needs air
miles."

Mr Mrs Ms Miss Dr Herr Monsieur Hr Frau A V M Admiraal Admiral Air Cdre Air
Commodore Air Marshal Air Vice Marshal Alderman Alhaji Ambassador Baron
Barones Brig Brig Gen Brig General Brigadier Brigadier General Brother Canon
Capt Captain Cardinal Cdr Chief Cik Cmdr Col Col Dr Colonel Commandant
Commander Commissioner Commodore Comte Comtessa Congressman Conseiller Consul
Conte Contessa Corporal Councillor Count Countess Crown Prince Crown Princess
Dame Datin Dato Datuk Datuk Seri Deacon Deaconess Dean Dhr Dipl Ing Doctor
Dott Dott sa Dr Dr Ing Dra Drs Embajador Embajadora En Encik Eng Eur Ing Exma
Sra Exmo Sr F O Father First Lieutient First Officer Flt Lieut Flying Officer
Fr Frau Fraulein Fru Gen Generaal General Governor Graaf Gravin Group Captain
Grp Capt H E Dr H H H M H R H Hajah Haji Hajim Her Highness Her Majesty Herr
High Chief His Highness His Holiness His Majesty Hon Hr Hra Ing Ir Jonkheer
Judge Justice Khun Ying Kolonel Lady Lcda Lic Lieut Lieut Cdr Lieut Col Lieut
Gen Lord M M L M R Madame Mademoiselle Maj Gen Major Master Mevrouw Miss Mlle
Mme Monsieur Monsignor Mr Mrs Ms Mstr Nti Pastor President Prince Princess
Princesse Prinses Prof Prof Dr Prof Sir Professor Puan Puan Sri Rabbi Rear
Admiral Rev Rev Canon Rev Dr Rev Mother Reverend Rva Senator Sergeant Sheikh
Sheikha Sig Sig na Sig ra Sir Sister Sqn Ldr Sr Sr D Sra Srta Sultan Tan Sri
Tan Sri Dato Tengku Teuku Than Puying The Hon Dr The Hon Justice The Hon Miss
The Hon Mr The Hon Mrs The Hon Ms The Hon Sir The Very Rev Toh Puan Tun Vice
Admiral Viscount Viscountess Wg Cdr

Still no Grand Mufti

This e-mail and any attachments may contain CONFIDENTIAL information, including PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION. If you are not the intended recipient, any use or disclosure of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED; you are requested to delete this e-mail and any attachments, notify the sender immediately, and notify the LabCorp Privacy Officer at [log in to unmask] or call (877) 23-HIPAA / (877) 234-4722.