HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 4

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 10:43:45 -0400
My Cobol program needs to be able to retrieve the status of the deadlock
detect flag, the same way it retrieves the status of the CIUPDATE flag with
the DBINFO call (modes 5xx) etc etc.

I've looked thru my Image manual but see nothing on how to retrieve the
deadlock detect flag with any TurboIMAGE procedure call.

BMD.

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 15:26:50 -0400, Mike Hornsby <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> Anyone know how to get the info regarding the deadlock detect flag from
>any  Image call?
>
>A status of  26  is returned from a call to DBLOCK 'Lock not performed
since
>deadlock would occur.'
>But this would be a *very* bad method to check if DEADLOCKDETECT is
enabled!

>You can see "Add entry into lock table for deadlock detect is enabled."
with
>the show all command in dbutil.
>It is enabled by default. Doesn't seem to be any DBINFO mode for
>DEADLOCKDETECT status.
>
>Mike Hornsby Co-founder/Chief Technical Officer
>Beechglen Development Inc. (www.beechglen.com)

DBCONTROL