HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 4

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2004 18:47:57 -0700
I'm not sure what it means when you get two sets of numbers.  It could mean
that you have both versions postgresql-7.2.2 and 7.2.4 or it could mean
something else.  Usually, rpm will not allow you to install two different
versions so it could be that one or the other is the sources.

I'm speculating that someone at your firm is going to start using Postgresql
perhaps.  If that's true, what I would do is upgrade to 7.4.1 or 7.4.2.  It
doesn't take all that long to replace the entire installation with the
current one and you may as well start out with the better features available
today.

Charles Finley
Transformix Computer Corporation
(760)-439-3146