HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 4

From:
Greg Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2004 09:53:51 +1000
Roy,
Don't bother!
Just to spoil the surprise (sorry Tracy) but to save anyone else spending
ages & possibly download costs, it's just a short video of MPE/iX tapes
being placed on the top of an HP9000 box. That's it. Nothing more.

Amusing but not worth spending much time trying to look at it.

>>> [log in to unmask] 23/04/2004 08:03:37 >>>
In message
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Yes you are correct, that should have been MPEonHP9000.mov NOT ...3000.
>
>http://hp3000.empireclassic.com/pics/MPEonHP9000.mov

><http://hp3000.empireclassic.com/pics/MPEonHP9000.mov>

I still don't see it. On my machine, or via the broadband at work.
Whether I double-click the icon, or specifically fire up the Quicktime
player and feed it the URL.

I can see the bl**dy thing downloading ~10mB, (taking ages at home, of
course, on dial-up) but then it just sits there; nothing.

How's it supposed to work?

And what's it supposed to do?

(After all this palaver, it really *had* better be worth it :-)    )

--
Roy Brown        'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd     useful, or believe to be beautiful'  William Morris

"This e-mail message is intended only for the addressee(s)
 and contains information which may be confidential. If

 you are not the intended recipient please advise the
 sender by return email, do not use or disclose the
 contents, and delete the message and any attachments
 from your system. Unless specifically indicated, this
 email does not constitute formal advice or commitment
 by the sender or UniSuper (ABN 54 006 027 121) or its
 subsidiaries."