HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 3

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:40:13 -0800
Mark writes:

[snip]

>Look at it this way: for most people, MPE is just a framework
>to run IMAGE. It's really IMAGE we are wanting, right? And
>that's where the "robustness" demands come from.

Maybe YOU want TurboIMAGE, but I find it constraining and difficult
to easily evolve in an ever changing IT landscape. Don't get me wrong,
I like TI, but I have been working with various RDBMS for the last few years
and I cannot get over how nice it is to work with these systems.

In the 'old' days the system performance wasn't there to get those RDBMS
to really scream. In those days TI was a great choice. However, systems
have caught up and now they are sufficiently powered for your favorite RDBMS
so the efficiency of TI isn't as important.

Things change. What once was a great solution sometimes becomes less
important
as other solutions become 'good enough'. Especially when the price is so
much
lower for the 'good enough' solution.

duane percox