HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 3

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:56:15 -0400
On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 08:38:00 -0400, Brice Yokem <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Brice,
>
>as much as we know it was 1 intern. But the Republican threw lawyer after
>lawyer at him.
>2) I thought he was guilty of ding NOTHING. Now he's guilty of doing
>something.
>
>He just threw 1 cruise-missile and missed, while Bush invaded a whole
>country that had nothing to do with 9/11.
>
>--------------
>
>No, he was guilty of doing something which was nothing.
>
>He hit the aspirin factory in the Sudan.  He blew up three empty
>buildings in Afghanistan, and one full of Pakistani Phyisicians.  He
>also hit the Iraqi intellegence building and killed a few janitors.
>
>--------------

If they hit Pakistanis, they might have hit the right guys.
They are the ones selling nuclear secrets on the black market.
BTW currently seems like some material is available from Iraq as nobody
protects the former nuclear facilities. Thought the US-Army was there to
prevent just that but at least they protect the oil-lines.

Seems like nobody is hitting targets anymore. But many civilians get hit.
Was told in Grafenwoehr (one of germanies training areas) that whenever the
US-Army was training that the safest place was at bulls-eye.
Here is a report about Bush's try:

When the CIA and its Iraqi sources reported that Saddam's sons and other
family members were at a small palace, and Saddam was on his way to join
them, Bush's top advisers debated whether to strike ahead of plan.

Franks was against it, saying it was unfair to move before a deadline
announced to the other side, the book says. Rumsfeld and Rice favored the
early strike, and Secretary of State Colin Powell leaned that way.

But Bush did not make his decision until he had cleared everyone out of the
Oval Office except the vice president. "I think we ought to go for it,"
Cheney is quoted as saying. Bush did.

U.S. forces unleashed bombs and cruise missiles, blanketing the compound
but missing the palace. Tenet called the White House before dawn to say the
Iraqi leader had been killed. But his optimism was premature. Saddam was
alive.