HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 3

From:
donna garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 2004 13:13:32 -0700
--- "Reid E. Baxter" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Is there any way to insure that files built in this sub directory
> use user volume space rather than system volume space ? I know
> building the sub directory under a standard MPE group will accomplish

> this (See example 2).
>
> Example 2
>
> :listfile /XXXX/ZZZ/contrib/@,3
>  ********************
>  FILE: /XXXX/ZZZ/contrib/testfile

you pretty well figured it out....

you can specify that a normal mpe group be built on a user volume.
anything built below it -- be it a file or directory -- will also be on
that user volume.  the trick is to use links to make it appear that
<whatever> is hanging off the account.

now for folks using the newacct/newgroup udcs from jazz -- there is a
provision in the newacct udc to allow for some space (it should to be a
small amount) to be allocated on the system volume.  why? because that
link will be on the system volume....  check your version number (i've
got b.10) to see if you have this enhancement or not.  i've used this
exact concept with great success...so it does work.

hth          - d

=====
Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
dgarverick -at- longs -dot- com
925-210-6631        Longs Drug Stores

Come, my friends, 'Tis not too late to seek a newer world.
Tho' much is taken, much abides; and tho'
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are.
"Ulysses", A. Tennyson