HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 2

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:39:53 -0400
Bob asks:
> Is there a way I can add some setting to the group policy so they can
> get control of this item? I have not added any unique GP settings
> and am not sure how to do that

Jim response reminded me of a solution that someone else did and I don't
have the details handy but it generally went like this:

The admin wrote an encrypted script that "ran-as" the local admin that
started the Power Settings applet.  The user never sees the password and it
only starts the program.  Once finished, it exits.  He used a 3rd party
scripting utility but I don't have the details with me but I can find out
tomorrow.

HTH,

Mark W.