HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 2

From:
Bob McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2004 15:20:35 -0600
Hopefully someone has an idea on this:

We are moving to an active direcory solution on 2003 server and am having a difficult time finding a way to allow the local users to control their own power options. I can't seem to locate a setting in AD or a script that will allow them to control the timing of when the monitor goes off.  When they attempt to change it they get the Access Denied message an the time is defaulted to 15 minutes.  We can change the setting by using run as and resetting it but it seems to get reset after awhile.

Is there a way I can add some setting to the group policy so they can get control of this item? I have not added any unique GP settings and am not sure how to do that.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated...

thanks, bob