HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 1

From:
Art Bahrs <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 13:56:00 -0700
Hi Gehan ;)
   It has been a loooonnnnnggg while ... but... I did alot of this at
Denkor when I was there a few years back...

   The short of it is check your console... bet you have some funky
messages!  I found that I had to kill several things to get these hung
prints to clear

   I, um.. also sorta resorted to 'bouncing' our 979 occasionally while
doing the tests...  IIRC it took 21 minutes per bounce...

   Check the archives for the list ... looking under spooler troubles and
me... and it would have to have been before Aug 2002 since by then Denkor
had riffed me and I was puttering with other fund stuff :)

Art "memory is fading fast..." Bahrs
Art Bahrs, CISSP           Information Security          The Regence Group
(503) 553-1425              FAX (503) 553-1453

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           "Gehan G."           |
|         |           Sent by: "HP-3000    |
|         |           Systems Discussion"  |
|         |           DU>                  |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           04/07/2004 01:14 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           "Gehan G."           |
|         |                                |
|         |           |-------------------||
|         |           | [ ] Secure E-mail ||
|         |           |-------------------||
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                          |
  |      To:    [log in to unmask]                                                                                       |
  |     cc:                                                                                                                  |
  |     Subject:      [HP3000-L] bad day.. how to delete spooler??                                                           |
  >--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

 Ok, I've been messing with printer configs trying to get this
printer to work. Thankfully chris mailed me a link to the
printer manual and some other info that helped me a lot...
 When trying a different DTS coniguration I spooled a file to
test print and the file just got stuck. I can't get the
spoolfile to delete, nor can I get the spooler to do anything,
start, stop, suspend, resume.. whaever.. here is the results of
me typeing in the terimal...
--------------
:showdev 102
LDEV AVAIL   OWNERSHIP      VOLID    DEN   ASSOCIATION
102  UNAVAIL SPOOLER OUT

:spooler 102;show
LDEV DEV   SPSTATE QSTATE OWNERSHIP   SPOOLID JOB STEP
102  00102 *STOP   CLOSED OUT SPOOLER #O6594  TRLR, WAIT FOR EOD

:deletespoolfile 6594
  (I get no warnings, but the file has been there since yest.)

:spooler 102;start
Device 00000102 is already spooled. (CIWARN 4605)
:spooler 102;stop
SPOOLER ;STOP not performed on device 00000102. (CIWARN 4619)
:spooler 102;shutq
 (no warnings, spooler;show has not changed)

:showout
DEV/CL DFID   JOBNUM FNAME STATE FRM SPACE RANK PRI #C
102    #O6594 #S85   TEST  ACTIVE    16         13   1

 Can someone tell me please what i'm forgetting. How can I get
this file or spooler released so I can get rid of this file..
It's been here since yesterday afternoon, I figured it would
release during the night....

Thanks,
Gehan Gehale