HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 15:10:53 -0500
You should have attended the recently concluded Solutions Symposium in
California, or plan to attend the one coming up on the East Coast.  HP's
Walt McCullough did a brilliant presentation on these devices.

I will try to answer some of the questions:

1- You need the dual controller.  One controller will be connected to
the HP 3000, the other controller will be connected to a Windows system
to configure and manage the array.

2- See answer #1.

3- If the controller will be connected to an FC card on the 3000, you
should create a maximum of 16 LUNs (ldevs) (20GB each).  If the array
will be connected via an HVD or LVD SCSI connection, plan on a maximum
of 8 LUNs (ldevs) (40GB each).  If it's connected via SE-SCSI, plan on
updating your resume.  Just kidding, don't do it that way.

Denys