HP3000-L Archives

April 2004, Week 1

From:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Clogg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 11:57:52 -0800
XNTPDATE doesn't care about your time zone offset.  You will still need to make the time zone correction, and it is OK to let XNTPDATE run.  When the adjustment in the fall is made, the correction can take a couple of hours to complete, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea for XNTPDATE to run during that time and change the correction value.  In the spring, however, the time change is immediate, so there is nothing to worry about.