UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Melissa Burchfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melissa Burchfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 16:47:38 -0400
Unless the _Chattanooga Times Free Press_ is just making up numbers, which I doubt, the newspaper's staff apparently have been given detailed information about the budget for the Athletics Department at least, since there was an extensive story today with hard numbers and pie charts showing revenues and expenditures.  Maybe we need to contact the paper to let them know that the faculty and staff are finding it impossible to get this kind of information and urge the newspaper to request the information about all the other budgetary divisions for us.

Perhaps it's just a problem of lack of time and manpower in getting this information to us, or maybe those offices don't have the correct equipment or software to put it in an easily available format.  If someone will tell me where I can access a printout of last year's approved budget and of the final budget of actual expenditures, I will volunteer to use my own time (not the university's) to scan them, post them on the web as a pdf, and send the URL to the UTCSTAFF list.

Melissa Burchfield