UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Fritz Efaw <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fritz Efaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 12:15:40 -0400
Thank you, Melissa for asking the right questions about the emperor's new
clothes.  Everything you say in your e'message is right on target, IMHO,
and cuts through all the edu-babble.  If more of us could be as perceptive
as you are, we might finally get some changes.

Fritz.

At 05:47 PM 4/13/2004 -0400, Melissa Burchfield wrote:
>I appreciate all the information we've received so far about the budget
>process.  However, after reading through all of it and attending as many
>of the budget hearings as I was able, it seems to me that there is an
>essential piece of information missing:  what is the total amount of money
>budgeted for each division, and what percentage does each division get of
>the total monetary pie?
>
>We've been given vast charts of numbers and lengthy Powerpoint
>presentations, but, intentional or not, the overabundance of information
>seems to obscure the true financial situation rather than reveal it.  For
>example, the last budget meeting summary gives the following chart:

Fritz W. Efaw, SB, AAdipl, PhD,
Rose of Cimarron Distinguished
Chair of  Excellent Edu-Babble.

         FACIEMUS !