UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Lucas VanderMerwe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lucas VanderMerwe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 11:46:37 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

We continue our Colloquium in the Math Department.

Michael Ahmadi, Steve Kuhn and Terry Walters
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga.
(Michael graduated from UTC with majors in mathematics and computer science)

Thursday, April 15, EMCS 233, 3:00 pm.

Title: Authoring Web Class (WHS) Quizzes Using a Graphical Interface

Abstract

Traditionally, quizzes for the WHS system have either been written by hand or have been tagged from the Maple command prompt via procedures found in MCtools.  With the introduction of the Maplets package, Maple users may now take advantage of a set standard windowing elements in order to access the functionality of Maple.  GraphicalTools is a new package that aims to harness the power of Maplets for the purpose of efficiently authoring WHS quizzes with MCtools.

Lucas van der Merwe
Department of Mathematics
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga