UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
Kay Hobgood <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kay Hobgood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 12:57:16 -0400
Ditto Dawn, Helen & Linda!!!

Kay

-----Original Message-----
From: UTC Staff E-Mail List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Linda Hobart
Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 11:29 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [UTCSTAFF] The Bookstore Staff - a positive note

I have to go along with Dawn.  I have been the Admin. Assistant in Soc/Anth/Geog now for going on five years and since Alisha and Greg have taken over, there has been a world of difference for me, as the "secretary" in this department.  Alisha and Greg have gone out of their way to be thoughtful and appreciative of our efforts and to be as helpful as they can be. Any time I've ever called them, they literally drop everything and take care of whatever it is I need.  They have made the job of "getting book orders in" much more pleasant that it normally would be for me.  I'm not a faculty member that needs time to review books of course, so I realize that I am seeing it from a different perspective.  I've also been a student though and had a text-book that was chosen too hastily and not liked by the professor OR the students, so I can understand their side too.  I really would like to give Alisha and Greg a big hand though, for the difficult task they face every semester in trying to keep track of all of this and keep reminding everyone of deadlines for being able to secure "used books" for the students. Dawn is correct when she said that "some would let dust accumulate on the book order forms" if not reminded.  Let's face it...  at the time these book orders come rolling around and are due, is always a very busy time for Faculty.  They have so many things on their minds during this time that remembering a book order form isn't on the top of their lists and I'm sure a lot of them are grateful for the reminders.

I know that I sure have appreciated what Alisha has done in the Book Store this past year and what she means to us as the Department Secretaries.  She deserves a big hand I believe.  Just my opinion.  :)

Linda Hobart, Administrative Assistant III
Sociology, Anthropology, & Geography
Dept 2102, Brock Hall 308
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598

Phone:  423-425-4411
Fax:      423-425-2251
Email:     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

"Uno puede impresionar a distancia, pero sólo puede influenciar de cerca." Rick Warren

NOTE: Email communication with UTC cannot be considered confidential, and would not be legally protected as privileged communication.