UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
John Friedl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Friedl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 13:26:34 -0400
To UTC Faculty and Staff,

I am pleased to report to you that yesterday Chancellor Stacy received
notice from SACS that our proposed Ph.D. in Computational Engineering has
been approved. The offering of a Ph.D. degree on this campus represents
what SACS refers to as a "substantive change" requiring a special approval.
Now that we have been authorized to offer the Ph.D. degree, we will begin
admitting students to the doctoral program.

Congratulations and thanks go to Roger Briley, the director of the graduate
program in computational engineering and the primary author of the
proposal, David Whitfield, the Associate Dean of the College of Engineering
and Computer Science and Director of the SIM Center, and Deborah Arfken,
Dean of the Graduate School. We can all take pride in the contribution that
this new doctoral program will make to our university.

John Friedl

John Friedl, Ph.D., J.D.
Provost and Vice Chancellor
for Academic Affairs
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
102 Founders Hall, Dept. 5555
615 McCallie Avenue
Chattanooga, TN 37403-2598
Phone: (423) 425-4633