UTCSTAFF Archives

April 2004

UTCSTAFF@RAVEN.UTC.EDU

From:
UTC Bookstore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
UTC Bookstore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:25:14 -0400
Dear Faculty,
  The bookstore's end of term buyback begins tomorrow (4/20).  Right now, I
have 70% of your fall book orders in--that's awesome!  In comparison, we
were at 55% at this point last year.  What an accomplishment! Thank you.

  Turning in your book orders is not only helpful to me, though--it puts
cash directly in students pockets at buyback.  When I have an order in
hand, and your books are being used again next fall, I can pay the students
50% of what they paid for the book in January, which with the price of
textbooks today, can be substantial.  It also makes more used books
available for next year's students, increasing the cycle of savings all the
way around.  Thanks for your help making that happen!  The bookstore paid
out $188,000 last April and nearly $300,000 in December to our students.  Wow!

  Also, you might be interested in a contest that the bookstore is running
during buyback.  Students that sell their books back between 4/20 and 4/27
can register to win a portable TV/DVD player or one of four $50 textbook
vouchers.

Again, thanks for your participation in making the upcoming buyback an
event the students will remember!
With your early orders, we're looking forward to a great buyback and an
even better fall semester.  As always, feel free to contact me anytime with
your comments, suggestions, or questions.  Have a great day!

Alisha Hennessee
UTC Bookstore
Textbook Manager