SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2004

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 07:08:12 -0400
Andy wrote:

> >When will they learn.  I know, it is a relatively new concept called
> >counting. 1 2 3 5 etc.

> Kind of makes a mockery of the buddy system doesn't it :-    0 ???? now I
> was sure there were more of us ??? Never mind!
> Cheers.......

I find it particularly interesting that they did not discover that they only
had three until they were at the second dive site and that the search,
according to the article I read, concentrated on that second site rather
than the first, where the diver had been left.  You can never tell with news
articles, but it sounds like they did a second dive before they realized
they had less people aboard than they started with.

Lee