SCUBA-SE Archives

April 2004

Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 2004 07:09:48 -0500

> This is the reason for which I believe the use of an AI
> computer should be mandatory in order to beat the bends
>
> Hoping this helps
>
> Giovanni (USD President)

WHat a crock.  Always has been - always will be.

If the computer between the ears is not working, no amount of AI is going to
help.

Lets build an AI computer that would actually do any good.  It would have to
be capable of absolutely controlling your depth and time.  I guess with a
cable on some sort of winch under the control of the AI computer that could
be done.  Attach the cable to the diver and let it drag you around. Sounds
enormously expensive and cumbersome though doesnt it? A six pack dive boat
would have to be pretty large for all of that.

I have had two different AI computers.  Both have failed on dives multiple
times. Will not have another.