HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 4

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 09:44:50 -0600
> Seems to me that we could pass this up to INTEREX and have them sort
out
> what is left for HP3000 users, or have they also abandoned the flock.
>

> Speak up INTEREX....

Now that is funny :>

INTEREX long ago convinced me that it values its relationship with HP
far too much to do anything risky like actually advocating for its
members.

Something like that might interfere with its conference business.

Only the hopeless optimist could not see long ago that HP had no
intention of working honestly with OpenMPE and allow MPE to move in any
direction other than towards oblivion. The only option left at this
point is to make noise. We need to make sure that it costs HP far more
in publicity and customer good will than they could ever recoup from
their forced migration planning.

Comments are my own, not my employer's... etc.