HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 3

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 15:27:37 -0500
Question 1:
If the price of steel is raised 400% to 800%, will the cost
of domestic steel production still be less than from foreign
sources?

Question 2:
Will not raised steel cost, regardless of the source, infringe
on our ability to produce goods for the market vis-a-vis other
countries?  (Considering the U.S. higher labor rate?)

Question 3:
Will Americans be able to afford a higher cost of products
caused by the above, or start learning to 'do without'?

BT

Tracy Johnson
MSI Schaevitz Sensors