HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 3

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:48:54 +0100
KENT WALLACE wrote:

> Is there a way to encrypt PGP version 8 on the HP3000.

Well, if PGP 8 is reasonably compatible with PGP 5, you could
probably build PGP 5.0 from source on your hp 3000 and use that,
after checking with PGP Inc. on licensing issues...

  http://www.editcorp.com/Personal/Lars_Appel/pgp/

If PGP 8 is not compatible with PGP 5, but source code for it
is available, you might be able to build it on MPE with similar
changes as those needed for PGP 5 (see above site for diffs).

> Or can I launch a script on my SERVER 2000(MS$) from FTP on my HP3000.

If nothing else helps, I might dig up a small pair of Java
programs for you, which implement a client-server relationship
between 2 machines, eg your 3000 and your PC, where the 3000
sends a file to the PC, which invokes a custom .bat file on
it (if pgp can be used in batch) and returns the result then.

Lars.