HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 3

From:
Larry Simonsen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2004 10:11:20 -0700
what comes to mind is a technology which is hidden from the user.  things
that have become part of an infrastructure that happens and the end user
does not think about what happens behind the wall.  thinks like plumbing,
telephones, networking  are all a form of hidden technologies.  even things
such as construction, homes, roads, buildings are forms of hidden
technologies.

Larry Simonsen                        Phone: 801-437-3737
Flowserve Corporation            Fax: 801-491-1750
505 E. Technology Ave http://www.Flowserve.com
Bldg. C, Suite 3100           e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Orem, UT 84097
All opinions expressed herein are my own and reflect, in no way, those of
my employer.

|         |           Ned Cotter       |
|         |           <nedware@directfe|
|         |           deral.com>       |
|         |           Sent by: HP-3000 |
|         |           Systems          |
|         |           Discussion       |
|         |           TC.EDU>          |
|         |           03/19/2004 09:23 |
|         |           Ned Cotter       |
  |       To:       [log in to unmask]                                                                                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                                   |
  |       Subject:  Hidden Technology                                                                                                           |

Excluding "Government Conspiracies", I was wondering if anyone ever heard
of the Term 'Hidden Technology".  I was asked by a colleague what this term
means, as it came up in a speech presented by a Member of our Governors'
Cabinet.

Thanks

Ned Cotter