HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 2

From:
"Roderick, Ren" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roderick, Ren
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:56:25 -0800
Tracy,

Try the fcopy command and set the output to the screen.

For example, specifying the 'char' output option gives me:
(I'll only reproduce the first [0th] record here)

:fcopy from=ifile.fdatabas;to=;char
HP31900A.05.04 FILE COPIER (C) HEWLETT-PACKARD CO. 1999

LOCKWORD: IFILE.FDATABAS.ICI?

IFILE.FDATABAS RECORD 0 (%0, #0)

00000: ..........

Not much help...how about the 'hex' option?

:fcopy from=ifile.fdatabas;to=;hex
HP31900A.05.04 FILE COPIER (C) HEWLETT-PACKARD CO. 1999

LOCKWORD: IFILE.FDATABAS.ICI?

IFILE.FDATABAS RECORD 0 (%0, #0)

0000: 0008 0000 0000 0000 0000

Aha...this generally agrees with Terry's description

The value in the first byte (in hex) '8' is indeed the numnber of addtional
records in the file.

Ren--

Ren Roderick
Business Systems Manager