HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 2

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 9 Mar 2004 17:16:05 -0800236_us-ascii --- Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> (4) I don't know if the 3000 allows multiple interfaces on the same
> subnet, so I'll not go into details there.

It doesn't, no details required.

-Craig40_9Mar200417:16:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:33:24 -0800
Dear HP3000-L subscriber,

Since Paul Edwards and I wrote to you several days ago, the number of people
who have voted in this, possibly the last, SIB has almost tripled. That is
great.

However, the number who have voted is still less than 1/3 the number of
people subscribed to this list! What are you waiting for?

If you subscribe to this list, you obviously have some interest in the HP
3000, MPE and IMAGE. Whether you are planning to homestead or just finished
your migration project or even are an HP employee, you have the skills,
knowledge and experience we need to influence a direction for vCSY. HP
definitely takes note of the number of people who vote. The more people, the
more leverage we have.

Voting on the SIB should take less time then you spend on an average day
skimming the postings to HP3000-L.

Suspend whatever negative feelings you may harbor towards HP the company and
vote to support this community you have chosen to belong to by subscribing
to HP3000-L. [Note: the Strategic Issues Ballot contains items that HP would
rather not see publicized, so if you cannot suspend negative feelings, this
gives you an opportunity to stick it to HP. ;-)]

BTW, someone wrote to me privately a year ago during the last SIB objecting
to the use of e-mail addresses to create a one e-mail address, one vote
system because it compromised privacy. They are used only to regulate
voting. HP will not get information on how any one individual voted.

John Burke
MPE Forum Vice-Chairman
SIGMPE Co-Chairman