HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 2

From:
"Gates, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gates, Scott
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:37:41 -0500
True, but Automation in a local domestic plant still requires some human
interaction to monitor and maintain equipment.  Shipping jobs overseas to be
done cheaper is just reducing costs.  Faced with replacing 10 U.S. workers
with a million dollar machine, or just finding 10 or 20 foreign laborers to
do the same job at a fraction of the salary of one U.S. worker, TODAY'S
companies are choosing the latter.