HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Baier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 17:08:00 -0500
and don't forget:

Aristide Supporters Pour Into Streets
(Reuters) - Thousands of outraged supporters of exiled President Jean-
Bertrand Aristide poured out of Haiti's slums and into the streets on
Friday, marching on the U.S. Embassy to denounce the "occupation" of their
homeland and demand Aristide's return. Hurling slurs at U.S. Marines and
calling President Bush a "terrorist," a crowd estimated at more than 10,000
materialized in the capital, seething with anger at Aristide's flight to
Africa five days ago after a bloody rebellion and U.S. pressure. More...