HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 2004 08:59:19 -0800
It turned out that the sendmail in question was the ancient bixby.org 8.9.1
version.  When sendmail.cf says "O DeliveryMode=interactive", clients will
always attempt final delivery whether or not JDAEMON is running.  JDAEMON
really only deals with outgoing retries and incoming e-mail in this kind of
configuration.

I have recommended upgrading to http://jazz.external.hp.com/src/sendmail/ where
JDAEMON deals with all aspects of outgoing delivery.  If you don't have JDAEMON
running, then no mail will enter or leave your system in the default configuration.

- Mark B.

Mark Bixby wrote:
> Belkacem Stephen wrote:
>
>> I have Sendmail running on one of my development boxes. I want to disable
>> the sending of e-mails for a certain period. I thought this could be
>> done by
>> stopping JDAEMON. This didn't work though.
>>
>> Could anyone tell me how to stop the e-mails being sent?
>

> If you are using sendmail in a standard configuration, then I guarantee
> that
> stopping JDAEMON will prevent sendmail-based e-mail from leaving your
> 3000 or
> entering your 3000 from the outside.
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...