HP3000-L Archives

March 2004, Week 1

From:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Bixby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:46:05 -0800
Belkacem Stephen wrote:
> I have Sendmail running on one of my development boxes. I want to disable
> the sending of e-mails for a certain period. I thought this could be done by
> stopping JDAEMON. This didn't work though.
>
> Could anyone tell me how to stop the e-mails being sent?

If you are using sendmail in a standard configuration, then I guarantee that
stopping JDAEMON will prevent sendmail-based e-mail from leaving your 3000 or
entering your 3000 from the outside.

But note that even if you have stopped JDAEMON, local users on your 3000 will
still be able to queue newly created e-mail (which won't be delivered until you
start JDAEMON again).  Is this perhaps what you actually want to disable?
Remainder of .sig suppressed to conserve expensive California electrons...