SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:39:31 -0600
> But then I think this diatribe has exhausted it's Spare-Air volume :-)
>
> Jeff

Way past exhausted it.  But I looked at the membership of the list.  Of the
99 members, 13 are concealed.  No, its none of your bidness who they are.
Of those, a couple have no real name attached.  Of the 99 members of the
list, quite a few use one of the many free email services (MSN HOTMAIL YAHOO
etc) where aliases are the name of the game and there is little or no
identity check.

This is a choice the members of the list made.  Conciously.  You were asked
if you wanted more validation of members and the resounding answer was no
that only subscribers could post but that anyone could subscribe. That could
be changed but (I cant speak for Jeff) I dont want to spend my time trying
to chase down and validate e-mail addresses and identities. Got lots better
things to do with my time.