SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:03:17 -0500
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004 21:31:25 +0800, Bjorn Vang Jensen
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Lee Bell wrote:
>
>>It was a criticism of others in a forum that they do
>> not share.  The right to free speech does not include the right to do
>> it anonymously.
>
>Where on earth did you learn THAT ? I can think of dozens of examples
>where a person's anonymity is preserved by law, in order to protect
>that person's other civil rights while still allowing free speech.

This brings up yet another interesting issue in which I am, once
again, Lee Bell's target in what he posted about what I said about
Ron Lee (which I will say it anytime given the same circumstances
which Lee Bell didn't report).

But Lee chose to FORWARD to Scuba-SE not what *I* wrote, but Ron
Lee's post which had this misattribution:

*>   [log in to unmask] (Robert Lung) wrote:

This Robert Lung had posted his derogatory remarks (mostly assholes)
about me in scuba-SE several times.

When Chuck (our co-Manager of Scuba-SE) who KNOWS the identity of
Robert Lung supposed told him not to do it in Scuba-SE anymore,
Robert Lung sent me PRIVATE EMAIL to carry out his same cowardly
act, which I called it what it was:  "Chicken Shit".

I was about to let the matter drop, when this RObert Lung reared
its ugly head in REC.SCUBA, and Lee Bell chose to forward this
FORGER's name, in citing what I posted, as if it's Lee's
deliberate attempt to sew the seed (in the minds of the rec.scubans)
that Reef Fish (me) and the dispicable FORGER is one and the same,
or that I make posts with forged names.

I think, given all that has transpired, that Chuck Hopf should
reveal WHO this Chicken Shit "Robert Lung" is.

He is (obviously) a long-time member of the Scuba-L/SE lists,
though his rarely posts in Scuba-SE now.

He uses that cloak maliously to attack me in Scuba-SE, in my
private e-mail, and now in rec.scuba.  As such, there is NO REASON
why the anonymity of said poster should be, or is, protected by
law.

So Chuck Hopf, as a List Manager, it is my opinion that you SHOULD
reveal who Robert Lung is, so that he can start using OHTER forged
names for his cowardly acts, and would NOT (the next time) brag
about his act to YOU, and to another Scuba-SE list member.

I have already BENT BACKWARDS (after his personal email to me in
the name of Robert Lung) that I wasn't going to pursue the matter
any further after his email offense -- until NOW!

I already already found out (from Yahoo) that his identity would
be revealed to me only under court subpoena, and I have already
contacted a lawyer who can make a case for such.

So, spare us of all this CHICKEN SHIT anonymity in personal attack,
libel, infrigement of privacy in harrassement, and public stalking
in Scuba-SE and rec.scuba (and who knows where else?).

If you feel Mr. Robert Lung's identity should NOT be revealed,
I very much like to know WHY!

-- Bob.