SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Brad Stambaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:25:00 -0500
On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 11:53:13 -0500, Krazy Kiwi Viv <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 Brad Stambaugh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 30 Mar 2004 M. Bevelhimer <[log in to unmask]> posted:
><snip of the kiwi shears>
>>>The late great Brad lived up to his reputation.  I told him I'd be
>>>in Key West on Wed, and he called me on Thursday. :-) As it turned out
>>>we were there most of Tue and left on Wed a.m. so even if he had been
>>>on time, we'd have missed each other.  Brad, I am truly sorry we didn't
>>>hook up.  Would ave loved to hear more about your life on a little
>>>bitty island.  When I found out that we were getting in on Tues I
>>>tried to reach you through the park HQ (I didn't have a phone number
>>>for you), but they weren't too helpful.
>>>

>>Hmmm... Will I ever live that one down? ;-))
>
>Can I say, No :-))

You can say no, but I still plan to be first to arrive, first in the water,
first to sit down for dinner, and first at everything else on the next
NEDfest. I'm gonna redeem myself. :-))) ...it'll be hard, but I think I can
do it!!!

>>I guess it's because I'm blonde, and I've become much blonder in the last
>couple monthes.
>
>Oh, so that was the real reason ... being blonde, eh ;-)

It's a convenient excuse for all my srew-ups. I just hope my screw-ups
don't increase with my increased blondness. :-))

><snip>

>>As far as my life on a little bitty island, I love it. Some people have
>>the impression that it would be boring, but that is absolutely wrong.
>>There is more for me to do here than... anywhere. Last week, I went
>>diving several days, went fishing and caught (and released) a couple
>>150 lb. sharks, went sailing in the Hobie Cat two days (also pitchpoled
>>it, and was rescued by the Superintendent - he just laughed), met a
>beautiful woman on a yacht which is a story in it's self,...
>
>Oh, no ... a beautiful woman on a yacht .. danger Will Robinson :-))
>I can tell you are indeed enjoying life on and off the new job Brad...
>even if some of it is just window-shopping - see, no touch.  Play safe
>now .. doan want to hear years down the line you are having she-devil
>problems.

Well, I may have been just window-shopping, or maybe I went inside and made
a purchase. I wouldn't say on this list because a lady I used to know (Hi
Jane!) likes to watch what I write here. And then she sends me letters
about what I said, which is a very annoying intrusion of my life. But, you
are right about women. Previous experience with she-devils has taught me to
recognize them quickly, and I avoid them immediately. I'm just looking for
a nice one these days. Do you know any? :-))