SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 19:51:29 +0800
Lee Bell wrote:

>> Whilst I appreciate that you didn't quote my disparaging remarks,
>> well, at least you didn't quote me and my address. You did however
>> quote Michael's (subsequent)  disparaging remarks and you already
>> know what I think of cross postings. I've rabbitted on enough about
>> that where RFLNG is concerned.
>
> I did not begin the pattern and the comments Michael chose to make
> applied directly to rec.scuba and to a thread he read there.

No they did not! They applied to the population of rec.scuba, NOT to a
thread he read there. In fact, his statement elaborated on exactly WHY he
would not bother to go there. You violated his right to make that choice in
one of the most pathetic, conniving, premeditated cross-postings I have ever
read.

> Perhaps the lesson to be learned is to avoid commenting on people and
> places you aren't willing to have your comments shared with.

Here are some interesting snips from the archives.

The first one sets the parameters:

"While Bob is certainly correct that cross posting is usually poor form"
- Lee Bell, June 27, 2000

In the second one, you berate Bob for not sticking to his own rule, which
you agreed in the previous one was correct:

"I have to agree with Michael
Levy regarding your bringing your conflict with Scuba-L posters to this
list.  You have been the most outspoken regarding cross posting to both
Scuba-SE and Scuba-L and I now suggest you apply the same standards to
yourself that you have recommended to others"
- Lee Bell, October 3rd, 2000

In the third one (from a different post), you consolidate your position as
against cross-posting, and once again berate Bob:

"How do you figure your statements against cross posting on 6/27/2000 are
consistent with your recent statements claiming you are justified to do the
same thing?  Let's hear how you reason that what is not OK for someone else,
is OK for you, because it suits your preferences.  Then explain why the term
"Hypocrite" should not be applied."
- Lee Bell, October 3rd, 2000

But never mind the blatant hypocrisy evidenced here. I'm sure you'll weasel
and wriggle for weeks about the quotes above, and I don't intend to rise to
the bait this time. Suffice it to say that, as someone once said, "Perhaps
the lesson to be learned is to avoid commenting on people and places you
aren't willing to have your comments shared with..."

I'd be much more interested in WHY you chose to send Mika's statement to
rec.scuba ? I can't wait to hear this!

But maybe we don't need to hear it from you. Maybe you provided the
explanation yourself yesterday, when you wrote about Bob:

"Sad, sad little boy, looking for respect in all the wrong
places, and running home to Scuba-SE to cry about how unfairly he's been
treated when he's recognized for the child he is being."

If you substitute "Scuba-SE" for "rec.scuba", it seems to me that this
sentence describes yourself and your actions perfectly! What kind of
sociopathic slimeball copies someone's
post from one SUBSCRIPTION-BASED mailing list to an unmoderated NEWSGROUP
which every whacko can (and in this case does!) frequent at will, while
including a taunt and the unwitting poster's e-mail address, in what can
only - ONLY - be interpreted as an invitation to write to said unwitting
poster ?

This act of yours - which absolutely nobody drove or forced you to perform -
was almost a thing of beauty: the work of a truly perfect asshole, virtually
unbeatable in malice, conceit, mean-spiritedness - and attention-seeking.

Yuk!

Bjorn