SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 19:22:23 -0500
Bjorn Vang Jensen wrote:
> Lee,
>
>> As low a reguard as you may each hold rec.scuba, Bob can't even stay
>> out of trouble there.
>
> Nobody can, Lee. Not on that group. Some get themselves into trouble
> there, some are gotten into trouble.

I've been doing fine for a very long time.  Bob can't do so for 5 minutes.
You ignore what, and who, you chose and address what and who you like.  It's
not, however, what it started out to be.  It's much more of a back road bar
than a scuba forum.  Nevertheless, there are a few good divers there who are
both willing and able to discuss the finer points of whatever the topic
happens to be.  On the other hand, every thread there seems to deteriorate
into sex, guns or politics pretty quickly.  When it does, you either have
fun with it or move on.  Most do a little of both.

> I guess I shouldn't be surprised at your misunderstanding. My
> statement that Bob is right was related to his understanding of JPG
> compression.

My mistake.  Easy enough to make.  You didn't specify and Bob's post was
surely about more than that.  I saw only a few of the original information
related to Bob's posts.  My impression was that his photos were positively
received.  The first negative comments I saw were originated by Bob and I'll
be first to admit that I saw them out of context.  I only saw the parts that
those who were offended chose to include in their responses.  I can,
however, say that it did not take long for Bob to be calling me, Ron Lee and
others names.  That's his standard response to anybody that does not agree
with him.  It's not my mudfight.  I'm simply an observer.

Lee