SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:19:13 -0500
"Ed Graves" wrote:

I wish both the cavers and the divers all the luck possible.

> "They were on an expedition planned to be 36 hours long but while in the
cave the rain came on heavier than forecast - which meant the water level in
part of the cave went up," he explained. "They are remaining there and the
plan is to wait until the water level drops," the spokeperson explained.
"The contingency plan is to get them out with scuba equipment."

Interesting.  I know that, here in the States, many mines are pumped
continuously to keep them dry enough for workers.  I have to wonder why
similar pumps would not be employed to speed the rescue.

Lee