SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:09:31 -0600
Damn that water was cold.  The thermocouple I have in the lake (connected
via radio to the weather station on the wall inside) says 56F.  Used to was
I could jump in that in a wetsuit and be a happy camper.  No more.  even in
a dry suit I was chilled.  At least from the waist down.  Got the things
done in the water I needed to get done and got the hell out.

On a brighter note, took my 2 year old granddaughter for her first boat
ride.  At first she wasnt sure about all the bouncing around and the wind
but by the time we got to the restaurant we were going to for lunch she was
working on getting her sea legs.  Now it is 'my boat' and grandpa just gets
to drive it.

Also got to watch Finding Nemo at least 3 times - she loves that movie - and
when I show her pictures of fish she gets very excited.  May have a good
dive buddy in another decade or so.

CH