SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 2004 03:44:32 -0500
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 18:19:01 +1100, David Strike
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>On Saturday, March 20, 2004 5:01 PM, Andy wrote:
>
>(snip)
>>  I did a bit of trawling the wibble to get some figures for Red Sea
>>  salinity & density & came up with the following:
>
>> Red Sea salinity is about 40 parts per thousand (ppt) compared to the
>> average ocean salinity of 34.7 ppt. These figures relate respectively to
>> relative densities of about 1.027 and 1.022 (at 25DegC). Using these
>> figures, a fully kitted diver weighing 250lb (a lot !!) would need an
>extra
>> 1.25lb of negative buoyancy, or approximately 1.25lb of lead.

>Mate!  You should have bought a, "Weigh-2-Go" weighting system from me
>before I put the price up and beyond most people's reach.  It would have
>been perfect.  :-)
>
>Strike

Ah yes, Strike's Zymmurgy Inc. products.  I remember them well.  :-))

>'Weigh-2-Go'

It's a little to late (or too early) for my Zymurgy computer
between the ears to do much math and physics.  :-)  But when
But when solar energy returns, I might attempt to see HOW MUCH
the theory behind the product violated the Newtonian laws
of physics.  :-)  Not to mention the unmentioned details in
the description for "ingress of water while the other
permits the escape of residual air" )which would be termed
the "egress", the reverse of "ingress" <G> -- terms I learned
in one of my former lives as a real estate developer, and
contract-writing lawyer related to it <BG>).

Next, you'll have to tell the new-comers about your Mulusk-II
(or something like that) dive computer.  :-)

-- Bob.