SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2004

From:
Bjorn Vang Jensen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 23:31:45 +0800
Lee Bell wrote:

> Seems Strike mentioned comparing notes about when and where people
> served. Were you saying something about where you served?

No I wasn't, for two reasons; Firstly because Strike was not referring to
me, and secondly because my service record has been disclosed several times
before on this forum, most recently in Mika's and my discussion on the Iraq
war and the role of the UN. It surprises me not one bit that you can't
recall that, since I have long since grown accustomed to the fact that you
can't read or remember much other than your name.

So for your sole benefit, I served in Denmark, first as an infantry boot
camp drill instructor, then as a tank squadron leader (Leopards), then as a
TOW anti tank missile company commander, then in Cyprus as an infantry
company 2IC with UNFICYP. Took honorable discharge as a Captain, remaining
with the reserves, and currently assigned as a company commander in the
Queen's Guards (though God knows why; it'll be World War 5 before they would
call on me!).

And yourself ? Where did you serve ? The local diner ?

Bjorn