HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 2

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:55:22 -0600
I sense your frustration Jeff.  And in many ways I share it.  Since
11/14/2001, there have been many attempts to get HP to come to some type
of decision with respect to the "future" of MPE.  None have been
successful.  The times when such issues were discussed on this or other
lists, the rhetoric rapidly degraded into a hate-fest that was totally
counter-productive.

We have seen inflammatory messages about Carly, Winston and others that
went far beyond the pale.  I am afraid that if we start another
discussion about this issue, it will follow the same direction in very
short order.

What would be interesting would be to find out if anyone is holding out
for some type of MPE to appear in the future.  I am talking about an
emulator or an open source version.  I am not referring to homesteading,
that is a different issue.

If there are no commercial sites (i.e. exclude hobbyist licenses,) then
there is no issue.

Denys