HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 13:11:50 -0600
 Good Day All,

I'm looking for opinions or educated guesses about how much my HP3000
box would be worth if I tried to sell it.  It is a 979/400.  It has 4
PA-RISC CPU's, 256mb of RAM, 18GB of SCSI disks inside the box ( 1 2gb
and 3 4gb ), a DDS-3 tape, CD-ROM and a 100 user license.  I know that
depreciation has taken quite a toll on the value of this machine and
that HP abandoning the future development of MPE has an impact, too.
However, it is quite a beast and, for those who are staying on the
3000 platform, it would be a great buy.  My company paid somewhere in
the neighborhood of $250k for the box in 1997 (I think...that was
before my time here.)  It is in excellent working order and has
recently had the power supply replaced.

Any input is welcome.  Please accept my apologies if this post in not
appropriate for this forum.

Thank you!

Cary