HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greg Stigers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 18:26:01 -0500
Wirt wrote in part:
> The pre-war claim was that Saddam had 38,000 liters of botulinum
> toxin, 25,000 liters of anthrax, 500 tons of sarin, mustard and VX nerve
agent,
> along with a reconstituted nuclear weapons program.
The CIA director the News Hour with Jim Lehrer only spoke to the liters of
Anthrax, which he said would fill a garage, or, if dried to a powder, four
suit cases. He likened it to our efforts to find a similar quantity of
marijuana in California. He also seemed confident that Iraqi materials were
moved into Iran and Syria. I would think it more important to move the means
of manufacturing than the products.

> Before the UN inspectors were forced to leave in
> advance of the American-led invasion of Iraq, one of them said after being
> lead on one wild goose chase after another, "American intelligence is
sh*t".
Funded at the level of which administration? I would be surprised if the
intelligence community could recover, even if (or when) GWB gets a second
term with a Republican Congress willing to fund it at whatever level he
likes.

Greg Stigers
this space for rent