HP3000-L Archives

February 2004, Week 1

From:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Shawn Gordon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:03:10 -0800
At 08:40 AM 2/3/2004, Richard Barker wrote:
>"it would be nice to know since everyone knew he had them and he used
>them.  I hope you're not saying they were never there.  Tell you what, I'm
>going to hide a 1 square foot box here in California, I'll paint on the
>side "WMD".  Now, come and find it."
>
>Surely you're not saying they were there, when everyone now accepts they
>weren't.

they had them, they used them - did you miss that part?

>WMD intelligence wrong, says Kay
>
>"We were all wrong," said Kay
>The former senior US weapons inspector, David Kay, has said intelligence
>that Iraq possessed stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons was false.
>

>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3439673.stm

Ah, the BBC, the bastion of quality reporting.  David Kay also said that he
thought that Iraq was even more of a threat than believed because the
people who knew how to make this stuff were getting ready to go and sell
the information to other terrorist states.  And there is still a reasonable
feeling that stuff was shuttled off to Syria and perhaps Iran.  It's
possible that when Clinton decided to bomb the crap out of Iraq in '98 (I
think it was) that they managed to destroy a bunch of stuff, but as Erik
just so eloquently put it, if you point a realistic toy gun at a cop and
get shot, you've got no business crying foul.

Regards,

Shawn Gordon
President
theKompany.com